Lunar Caravans and Venus Caravans
For total peace of mind all new 2014 Lunar Caravans and Venus Caravans are supplied with:
- 6 Year Body Shell Integrity Warranty
- 3 Year Manufacturers Backed Warranty - Specific exclusions apply and subject to an annual service and inspection and excluding items subject to normal wear and tear.
Each caravan model has been certified by the NATIONAL CARAVAN COUNCIL for compliance with stringent European Standards, British Standards AND the industry set Codes of Practice that specifically relate to health and safety issues.
The approvals process covers the testing and inspection of all critical areas of the product from fire safety, weights and dimensions through to gas, electrics and ventilation. In order to ensure Lunar’s continuing compliance with their stringent standards, the NCC also carry out unannounced spot inspections at the Company’s Preston factory.
Every caravan carries the ‘NCC Approved Caravan’ badge that gives you the peace of mind in the knowledge that your caravan’s both fully legal and safe.
Touring caravans are designated by the model year which runs from 1 September to 31 August.
To protect you and your Landstar Motorhome never leave the registration documents in the vehicle. For security purposes keep it in a safe place.
Your Landstar Motorhome is supplied to you with a three year warranty that is valid from the date of purchase, except otherwise stated and is conditional on annual servicing being carried out.
The base vehicle warranty is provided by Mercedes and is against any failures in the vehicle caused by any manufacturing defects that may have occurred when your vehicle was built. The warranty is backed by a standard three year unlimited mileage warranty and replacement parts for major assemblies are backed by a standard two year unlimited mileage warranty. The warranty starts from the date of registration or, if earlier, the date of sale.
Should a fault arise contact should be made with your local Mercedes-Benz dealership.
What does the warranty cover?
Mercedes will cover any defects in material or workmanship that occur as a result of the vehicle manufacturing process. Whilst glass is not covered, warranty would apply in the case of a stress fracture. In this way Mercedes will accept responsibility for those items that are theirs but cannot cover any non-approved modifications, accessories or bodywork applied after the vehicle manufacture.
What is not covered?
Mercedes will not cover problems that arise from
- A failure to follow instructions contained in the vehicles operating manual or maintenance booklets, or from your Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer, Garage or repairer
- A failure to have the vehicle maintained and serviced correctly and at the required intervals as set out in the maintenance booklet
- Incorrect repairs by an unauthorised garage
- The fitting of non-approved parts, additional equipment and bodywork, or other unauthorised vehicle modifications (your Mercedes-Benz Dealer will be happy to advise)
- Using and driving the vehicle outside the instructions outlined in the driver’s handbook
- Damage caused by excessive speed
- Not following advise provided by the vehicles information system or dashboard warning lights
- Exceeding gross vehicle weights, axle loads and payload capacity
- Normal wear and tear on parts, including friction and consumable items as oils and lubricants, filters, brake pads, clutch materials, wiper blades, tyres, some exhaust components and shock absorbers. This list is not exhaustive
- External events including environmental issues such as storms and floods, accident damage, salt corrosion, civil unrest of vandalism.
How do I get a warranty issue resolved?
- Simply contact a Mercedes-Benz Authorised repairer. This should be done as soon as possible (and within one month) of the defect becoming apparent
- All warranty work must be carried out by a Mercedes-Benz Authorised Repairer, who in turn will use only Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts. Payment for the work is always made direct from Mercedes-Benz to the Authorised repairer.
- The full service history of your vehicle must be made available to the Authorised Repairer and you must allow them to fully inspect your vehicle. This may take time, including the possibility of more than one visit to the workshop.
- Defective parts from your vehicle become the property of Mercedes-Benz
Can my warranty be invalidated?
- Major modifications affecting the basic integrity of the vehicle, especially to the chassis or electronic systems.
- Tampering of the odometer. The only people who can do this work are trained Mercedes-Benz technician, who have to follow precise legal guidelines
- Write-offs. Any vehicle that been declared a write-off may not be eligible for warranty if the claim is attributed to the accident damage.
Lunar Caravans will cover the total cost of any labour of parts free of charge providing there is a full service history and reserve the right to examine the vehicle prior to commencement of any repairs and if necessary nominate a repairer.
Should any faults arise contact should be made with your dealer.
In the first 12 months the Motorhome warranty will cover any defect other than those specified in the exclusion below.
1. Misuse of any component
2. Cleaning and adjustment of assemblies
3. Routine maintenance items which form part of the annual servicing for the vehicle, including adjustment and lubrication of locks, the cleaning of the heater, fridge and rubber gas hoses.
4. Damage resulting from over-heating, freezing, fire or any accidents caused by the owner of a third party
5. Continued use after failure has become evident, thus exacerbating the problem
6. Using the vehicle other than for its intended purposes and for those vehicles which are let out for hire or rewards.
7. The cost of transporting or moving the vehicle by any means to or from a place of repair or consequential cost relating to transportation
8. Damage caused by modification
In year 2 the following items are covered other than those specified in the exclusions below:
Driver and passenger and driver seats and bedding
In year 3 the following items are covered other than those specified in the exclusions below
9. Misuse of any component
10. Cleaning and adjustment of assemblies
11. Routine maintenance items which form part of the annual servicing for the vehicle, including adjustment and lubrication of locks, the cleaning of the heater, fridge and rubber gas hoses.
12. Damage resulting from over-heating, freezing, fire or any accidents caused by the owner of a third party
13. Continued use after failure has become evident, thus exacerbating the problem
14. Using the vehicle other than for its intended purposes and for those vehicles which are let out for hire or rewards.
15. The cost of transporting or moving the vehicle by any means to or from a place of repair or consequential cost relating to transportation
16. Damage caused by modification